I Am A Teacher

Teacher Resources

If you believe that a student is struggling with nonacademic issues that  are having a negative impact on their well being, please refer them to the Student Assistance Counselor (SAC) for support. Click here to download a referral form or you can get one from the main office and leave it in the SAC mailbox in a sealed envelope, or you can speak with the SAC directly. You may choose to do this anonymously if you prefer. 

Some reasons that you may be concerned about a student and want to make a SAC referral include but are not limited to:

  • Change in physical appearance including bloodshot or watery eyes, changes in appetite or sleep patterns, or a deterioration in physical appearance.
  • Change in behaviors including a drop in attendance, a negative attitude towards work, a drop in grades, sudden change in friends, or engaging in suspicious or secretive behavior.
  • Change in emotions such as sudden mood swings, depression or an “I don’t care” attitude, or periods of erratic, high energy.

Remember, you see your students every day and are invaluable in helping us connect with students who need extra support. 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.